Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Announcing The Cameo Spotlight Design Team

This stellar cast has been assembled to delight and entertain you with their amazing projects. Each Design Team member has their own unique style and approach to using the Silhouette Cameo or SD that will be sure to inspire you.

We invite you to dazzle us with your own creations, in our first challenge, beginning August 11 at 10:00am (EDT). Hope to see you there! Now on to the introductions...



Jackie Rockwell
(Creator/Owner)
I’m a wife, mother and grandmother to a wonderful family that I treasure. Currently I'm a freelance graphic designer, I love my work but also have a passion for all things related to stamping and cardmaking. Although I adore the clean and simple style of design, I also dabble in other styles as well. My appreciation for anything creative is truly eclectic. I created The Cameo Spotlight to be a place where paper crafters could be inspired and challenged. I’m so thrilled to have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented designers I know.

It’s my pleasure to introduce you to The Cameo Spotlight Design Team!


Lisa Arana
I live in Arizona with my husband and adorable rescue dogs. Over the years, I have been blessed with many different types of design teams, publications and this amazing community of crafters. I enjoy sharing my love for all things paper, rubber and ink. While my default style is clean and simple, I'm always trying new things to step outside my comfort zone. I'm beyond excited to join The Cameo Spotlight design team. My relationship with the Cameo may be new, but it was love at first sight.


JJ Bolton
I'm a wife, mom of twin boys, science geek, and night-time crafter. I'm originally from Hawaii but now live in northern Virginia. I've been crafting my whole life but only recently added card making to the list. My first love is graphic CAS design but also love making fun and playful cards. I was lucky enough to get my Silhouette as a gift from my hubby and I've been playing ever since! I'm so excited to be on the Cameo Spotlight DT with such talented and inspiring designers!


Daniela Dobson
My name is Daniela and I live in Dallas, TX. I am married to Peter and we have a little boy, Alex, who is 4 years old. He keeps me busy and my days are filled taking care of him. I have been scrapbooking and stamping for over 10 years. I love recording every day moments, especially now, with my son. I like using a variety of products and techniques to create lasting memories. My Silhouette Cameo was a Birthday/Christmas present and I have been using it constantly. I love creating and sharing files.


Dayna Sabrina Friduss 
I am a former Colorado girl who has put down roots in North Georgia with my wonderful family. I purchased my Silhouette Cameo in November of 2011 and I haven’t looked back, it’s been one thrill after another. I am always giddy when I discover something new that this baby can do! My first love is scrapbooking, but in recent years I have been drawn more and more to cardmaking, especially card sets. Several nights during the week you can find me in my craft room rockin’ the Print & Cut feature which I use heavily on my cards - a fact to which my two printers can testify! My style is leaning more toward Clean and Simple these days, although I have been known to pile on the flowers from time to time when the mood strikes me, and I have always believed that layers are a girl’s best friend. I am thrilled to be a part of this challenge blog alongside such wonderful fabulous cardmakers and designers.  Let the games begin!


Christina Heeren
Hi, my name is Christina and I come crafting to you from Des Moines, Iowa. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Doug, for 18 years and we have four children. I have been paper crafting for over 15 years. I started with the Silhouette SD a few years ago and recently purchased the Silhouette Cameo. I love my Silhouette machines and use them in many of my projects. When I'm not playing with paper I love to hang out with my family, garden, volunteer at my children's schools, and improve my photography skills. I am very excited to be a part of the Cameo Spotlight DT and work with such a talented group of women!


Karolyn Loncon
I'm a retired Legal Assistant, married to Garry for the past 31 years, and mom to Amy and Ashley, who's married to Blake and the mother to my two grandsons, Brecken and Brenner. I love most paper crafts, but especially rubber stamping and card-making. I've recently had a blast incorporating the amazing designs that can be created with my Silhouette into my cards - it's a match made in heaven, if you ask me!! Paper crafting is for me exactly what the title of my blog says - therapy, it's cheaper than the real thing. I also love to laugh, travel and play BINGO (don't judge! LOL)!


Nina Yang
I live in central Arizona with my husband. I have always been interested in stationery and packaging design. Origami was the only experience I had in crafting until I discovered stamping and card making in 2011. I bought the Silhouette Cameo to cut and test my own box patterns that I share on my blog. It wasn't long before I discovered how fun it is to make cards with it. I love playing in craft challenges, learning new tricks on blogs and making friends! So excited and honored to be here with all the designers I admire!

We'll all be back here on August 11 at 10:00am (EDT) for our very first TCS challenge! We hope you'll play along with us. See you then!!!

Please don't forget to visit each of the designers blogs. Some of them have cards and cutting files to share with you today!

21 comments:

  1. Woohoo! What a great team!!! Sad I own a "c" which I won't say in your presence because I don't want to offend anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to meet the team! Looking forward to your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet the team and congratulations to you all. Off to visit your blogs !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous line up. WIshing you the very best with your new "Cameo" adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous team so very talented. Look forward to taking part in the challenges.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing DT! Congrats, ladies! I can't wait to see your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great team!! WOO HOO!! Cannot wait to be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to the DT!! Can't wait to see your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very excited about this challenge. I recently purchased a Cameo and can't wait to be inspired you all to see what this baby can do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing DT! Looking forward to being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! I am BEYOND excited for this to start!!! And with all these AMAZING gals on the Design Team...well...it's SURE to be my favorite play place :) Now the hard part is for ME to REMEMBER to play! I guess a special someone is gonna have to remind me! Yep...you KNOW who you are ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome team!! so happy to be here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree Daniela what a terrific team! I'm doing a little happy dance because I'm so excited for our first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, ladies! I can't wait to see what you create and to start participating in your challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza...what a team! Congrats ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to the DT! Looking forward to all of your creations. I still haven't really used my Cameo yet...so I'm hoping for some great tutorials or tips and tricks :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this will total basic/beginner stuff...but do you think in one of your posts - that you can tell us how and what to do when you offer cut files. I have no idea about anything yet. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cassandra, So glad you stopped by. The Cameo Spotlight is a card challenge blog and it's main focus will be the challenge itself and not on cutting files or tutorials. We will be offering links to files and tutorials but will not be directly teaching how to use the Silhouette Cameo. That being said, I will tell you that all you have to do is download a file and then go to the menu at the top of your screen in the Studio software and click FILE then OPEN and navigate to where your downloaded file is, click on your file and then click OK. You should be ready to go. Hope you will be joining us in the upcoming challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cassandra, it just occurred to me that you may also be asking for tutorials or directions on how to use the cutting files. If you're referring to the blogs that we're linking to that offer free files, you'll find tutorials or directions for those files on the blogs, if they exist. We won't be directly providing them here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a team indeed, can't wait to see what awesomeness they produce!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to you all!! Woohoo Lisa Arana xx

    ReplyDelete